What is D Pharma?
What is D Pharma? Diploma in Pharmacy is a 2-year-long career-oriented, diploma course that prepares students for the field of pharmaceutical sciences and helps them enter into their desired profession.
D. Pharm. Course Eligibility:
Candidates with minimum eligibility qualifications are those who have passed 10+2 level science stream examination from a recognized Board & are studying for admission into D.Pharm. Currently, the minimum qualifying score for admissions is 35% (Passing marks) at the 10+2 level.
What we will learn in d pharm
This course mode will enable the students to study about different chemical salts, their application and uses in medicine. D. Diploma in Pharmacy covers fundamental Pharmacy Education including the application of chemistry in the pharma industry, theoretical & practical concepts of biochemistry, pharmacology and toxicology.
This two-year program is designed to introduce the students to the fundamental knowledge of pharmacology, biochemistry and chemistry. This will help them gain expertise about the application of chemistry in the pharmaceutical industry and its influence on medicine.
How many subjects are there in D Pharmacy 1st year?
How many subjects are there in D Pharmacy 2nd year?
- Hospital & Clinical Pharmacy
- Pharmacy law & ethics
- Biochemistry & Clinical Pathology
- Community pharmacy & management
D.pharmacy first year subjects overview
- Scope: This course is designed to impart basic knowledge and skills on the art and science of formulating and dispensing different pharmaceutical dosage forms.
- Course Objectives: This course will discuss the following aspects of pharmaceutical dosage forms
1. Basic concepts, types and need
2. Advantages and disadvantages, methods of preparation / formulation
3. Packaging and labelling requirements
4. Basic quality control tests, concepts of quality assurance and good manufacturing practices
- PHARMACEUTICAL CHEMISTRY
- Scope: This course is designed to impart basic knowledge on the chemical structure, storage conditions and medicinal uses of organic and inorganic chemical substances used as drugs and pharmaceuticals. Also, this course discusses the impurities, quality control aspects of chemical substances used in pharmaceuticals.
- Course Objectives: This course will discuss the following aspects of the chemical substances used as drugs and pharmaceuticals for various disease conditions
- Chemical classification, chemical name, chemical structure
- Pharmacological uses, doses, stability and storage conditions
- Different types of formulations / dosage form available and their brand names
- Impurity testing and basic quality control tests
- Scope: This course is designed to impart knowledge on the medicinal uses of various drugs of natural origin. Also, the course emphasizes the fundamental concepts in the evaluation of crude drugs, alternative systems of medicine, nutraceuticals, and herbal cosmetics.
- Course Objectives: This course will discuss the following aspects of drug substances derived from natural resources.
- Occurrence, distribution, isolation, identification tests of common phytoconstituents
- Therapeutic activity and pharmaceutical applications of various natural drug substances and phytoconstituents
- Biological source, chemical constituents of selected crude drugs and their therapeutic efficacy in common diseases and ailments
- Basic concepts in quality control of crude drugs and various system of medicines
- Applications of herbs in health foods and cosmetics
- HUMAN ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
- Scope: This course is designed to impart basic knowledge on the structure and functions of the human body. It helps in understanding both homeostasis mechanisms and homeostatic imbalances of various systems of the human body.
- Course Objectives: This course will discuss the following:
- Structure and functions of the various organ systems and organs of the human body
- Homeostatic mechanisms and their imbalances in the human body
- Various vital physiological parameters of the human body and their significances
- SOCIAL PHARMACY
- Scope: This course is designed to impart basic knowledge on public health, epidemiology, preventive care, and other social health related concepts. Also, to emphasize the roles of pharmacists in the public health programs.
- Course Objectives: This course will discuss about basic concepts of
- Public health and national health programs
- Preventive healthcare
- Food and nutrition related health issues
- Health education and health promotion
- General roles and responsibilities of pharmacists in public health
D.pharmacy Second year subjects overview
This course provides basic knowledge about different classes of drugs available for the pharmacotherapy of common diseases. The indications for use, dosage regimen, routes of administration, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and contraindications of the drugs discussed in this course are vital for successful professional practice.
- COMMUNITY PHARMACY AND MANAGEMENT
The course is designed to impart basic knowledge and skills to provide various pharmaceutical care services to patients and general practitioners in the community setup. It provides an understanding of the role played by a pharmacist in a community pharmacy, his/her responsibilities, dealing with patients and establishing good working relationships.
- BIOCHEMISTRY & CLINICAL PATHOLOGY
This course is designed to impart basic knowledge on the study of structure and functions of biomolecules and the chemical processes associated with living cells in normal and abnormal states. The course also emphasizes on the clinical pathology of blood and urine.
The course aims to impart basic knowledge on etiopathogenesis of common diseases, their management and quality use of medicines. We will discuss about evidence-based medicine therapy and importance of individualized therapeutic plans based on clinical diagnosis.
- HOSPITAL AND CLINICAL PHARMACY
This course covers the overall organization structure and set-up of hospitals, explaining various departments that make up a hospital pharmacy department. It also covers such topics as procurement, supply chain, storage of medicines and medical supplies. The Clinical Pharmacy section explains an introduction to comprehensive pharmaceutical care services. This will include topics like: patient screening, medication reconciliation, medication monitoring, medication management programs and therapy program design.
- PHARMACY LAW AND ETHICS
This course is designed to impart basic knowledge on several important legislations related to the profession of pharmacy in India. The discussion will cover general perspectives, history, evolution of Pharmacy law in India. We shall also touch upon Act and Rules regulating the profession and practice of Pharmacy in India. Information regarding various practice standards related to the pharmacy practice or healthcare professions will be covered briefly along with an introduction to the patent laws and their applications in pharmacy